Lets go back for a moment and wipe our minds clean. Think of the things that crossed your mind as a child.
These were mine, lets call it “First Passions”
- I love to draw, I wish I was better.
- I want to write a book; someday Im going to start.
- I love to dance.
- I love taking pictures.
- I want to fall in love like in the movies.
Then, as you start growing up, the 2nd choices come up:
- I want to be a doctor
- I love technology, is fun.
- I want to be an attorney.
- I want to be in business.
- I still love dancing and music. My flameco classes are the best.
- Swimming classes scare me but its good for me, Im learning to fight my fears.
- I hate Karate, but it makes me feel more confident and stronger; active.
Then the time comes to choose:
- Doctor: it was my grandfather’s profession, I realized I couldn’t stand blood.
- Attorney: After watching and reading so much about it, there was too much pressure on at all times. A very tense way of living.
- Technology in Business, mmm seems interesting, easy and challenging enough. It will give me room to do other things I love and most importantly spend time with my family. Technology is the winner.
I must say that my childhood passions were right all alone. The child that loved to draw, became an Artist, the child that loved to write, continues to do so, the child that loved photography, became one, and the music is still the one thing that inspires all of it.
Quite interesting. Do you remember your first passions! What happened with them?
Copyright © Nathalie Garcia
Mythical City, 4″ x 6″ Acrylic on Canvas, room divider. Nathalie Garcia